Copper Canyon Academy
A private junior high and high school for girls with behavioral problems, emotional problems or learning problems, ages 13-17, in Arizona.
Aspen Achievement Academy
A licensed outdoor wilderness treatment program that integrates a sophisticated therapeutic model with an experiential education curriculum.
Aspen Academy creates a modern "rite of passage" as the program guides each participant through a series of powerful metaphors that symbolize stages of growth, provide deeper insight towards developing self-reliance and generate a sense responsibility for self and community.
Call 866-868-1005 now to learn more about Aspen Achievement Academy!
Tips on Motivating Teenagers to do Better in School
How can I get my teen to focus on their homework?
- Designate an area where they can study without distractions like TV or phone calls.
- Help them organize their assignments and encourage them to do the tougher ones first.
- Set goals and allow study breaks.
Call Toll Free 866-868-1005 for help!
Is your teen struggling through his homework? Try this!
- Help them find a tutor. Tutoring services are available through schools, other educational facilities, or online.
- Look for extra study materials or workbooks in the area he is struggling in.
- Talk to his teacher. They may be able to provide more individualized attention or recommend places your teen can receive additional instruction.
Get your teen more involved in school by
- Being supportive of your teen's school activities and studies.
- Being available to attend school functions.
- Encouraging them to get involved in new academic or extracurricular activities at school.
Tips to helping your teen become a better student
- Establish short-term and long-term goals and reward them when they meet those goals.
- Get to know their teacher and their teaching style. Is it compatible with your teen's learning style? If not, help your teen find alternative ways to study the subjects at home.
- Don't compare them to siblings or friends that may be doing better - encourage their own strengths and achievements.
Is your teen too focused on their social lives to care about school? Try these tips to redirect their attention.
- Help your teen deal with issue like peer pressure, drugs, and alcohol.
- Put limits on the amount of time your teen can socialize during the school week.
- Reward good grades with extra activities like sports games, movies, or parties with friends.
Back to Articles