Tips to Include Your Teen in Family Activities
Plan activities that everyone, including your teen, will enjoy
- Play board games or cards together.
- Take a favorite pet to the park.
- See a movie or concert.
Call Toll Free 866-868-1005 for help!
Three ways to involve your teen in family life
- Involve your teenager in family meetings and decision making.
- Plan family time around their activities - take the family to their football game.
- Plan family activities with their schedule in mind.
Think of ways to spend time together and be active
- Go for a walk, hike, or a run on the beach.
- Participate in an exercise class together at the gym like karate or yoga.
- Play sports together with your children.
Tips to getting your teen to be creative
- Encourage your teen to keep a scrap book of family events.
- Help them research and create a family tree.
- Ask them to make cards or notes for special occasions.
Plan time with the family over everyday activities
- Make dinner together and eat dinner as a family.
- Take your family shopping and let them give input into the purchases.
Tips to getting your teen involved in family games
- Get your teen to play an important role in the game like score keeper or reading the rule book.
- Play video games or DVD games that your teen is familiar with and the whole family can enjoy.
Find activities that you know your teen will enjoy
- Get to know your teen and their likes and dislikes.
- Plan activities that involve their hobbies or interest in sports.
Back to Articles